My Grandpa Al passed away 8 days ago. He was a good and strong Polish man with a wonderful heart. He was 89 when he passed away.
When Jeff's dad passed away last July, I did not cry until Jeff's mom was presented the US flag for Bob's military service. What an honor to receive a flag from the president of the United States for time served in our military. It wasn't until today, 8 days later, that my Grandpa's passing took me emotionally. My sister, Erin, sent me pictures from the Memorial Service, and I saw the picture of my Grandma accepting the US Flag with a brave and strong look on her face. The picture caught me, and caused me to admire both my Grandpa and my Grandma even more than ever before. Such good people. I am so thankful to have had Grandpa as mine, and to still have Grandma as mine as well.
When Jeff's dad passed away last July, I did not cry until Jeff's mom was presented the US flag for Bob's military service. What an honor to receive a flag from the president of the United States for time served in our military. It wasn't until today, 8 days later, that my Grandpa's passing took me emotionally. My sister, Erin, sent me pictures from the Memorial Service, and I saw the picture of my Grandma accepting the US Flag with a brave and strong look on her face. The picture caught me, and caused me to admire both my Grandpa and my Grandma even more than ever before. Such good people. I am so thankful to have had Grandpa as mine, and to still have Grandma as mine as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment